1. On this and the following photographs the originals photo's have been supplied to me on the basis that those supplied to the client where of substandard quality or not exactly what they had been after.
The amount retouched varies but is clearly discernible between the images presented.
1. ALFA ROMEO 159Ti AT BOWES - A delete of the number plate (aesthetics), colour correction and sharpening.
2. BLOOD MOON ECLIPSE - A minor tweak to perfect the shot.
3. BLOOD MOON ECLIPSE - Colour correction (minor) and a bit of sharpening.
4. B6282 TEESDALE, CO. DURHAM - Taken on a Fuji S9600 Super zoom camera... at 50MPH out of the passenger window.
5. B6282 TEESDALE, CO. DURHAM - Black and White filter, Curves, Sharpen and Film Grain.
6. SCAFFOLDING - A shot of the moment taken with my Motorola G4 while at work.
7. SCAFFOLDING - A bit of clone stamp tool to get shot of a bit of bird droppings. Playing around with various effects including HDR filters (something which I've rarely even considered let alone used), a bit of colour tweaking and colour overlays.
8. ATTIC PANORAMA - The attic in one of the buildings at work. Shot with a Canon EOS 450D with a standard 18-55mm kit lens.
A combination of three photographs - Left of the brick gap, right of the brick gap and the floor... well some of it anyway.
9. THE LIGHT - Same attic, the light is from the room next door to the previous photo. In this case it is the access way that runs alongside the old lecture theatre.
I was up there the week before hooking up the new network points when I saw the potential. The building is supposedly haunted but meh... I didn't get any sense of it.
10. SNOW CARD - Photograph, Canon EOS 450D, EF-S 18-55mm.
Black and White filter, Colour adjustment layer and a acid frame.
11. TEESDALE IN THE AUTUMN SUN - Photograph, Canon EOS 450D, EF-S 18-55mm - focal length - 30mm, f/4.4.
12. TEESDALE IN THE AUTUMN SUN - Curves and Hue/Saturation adjustment layers plus a mild sharpening (Unsharp Mask filter). The use of On1 Photo 10 for the HDR effect and Vignette.
1. MOOCH PHOTO 1 - Stuck for a bit of inspiration for one of my Noobs guides (a series of easy to understand and follow guides for the Creative Cloud applications) I had a mooch around the colleges buildings taking random photo's with my mobile phone.
2. CRACKS UNDERNEATH - A bit of opposites really, put a green photo filter adjustment layer on it and painted on various cracks and dirt on to the cloth (Photoshop).
3. DEVIL IN THE DETAIL - An amalgam of photo's of cloth found in the Fashion Dept. Various filters placed on the cloth. Stamp brushes are used which was then tweaked to follow the contours of the cloth using the Transform and Puppet Warp tools.
4. BENCH - Taken with my EOS 450D not long after I bought it and testing the 15-55mm kit lens.
5. BENCH - I ended off using it as part of my Noobs guide imagery. Playing with various stamp brushes and colour filters, a digital version of letting my mind wander.
6. COFFEE CUP - As I made my morning cup of coffee I thought the mix of granules and sugar had a certain landscape-y look about them sooo - snap (Motorola 4G).
7. COFFEE CUP - Turns out it looks more like a... something not like a landscape (has a touch of an eye to it).
A multiple number of layers that included a caustic image map that I've used in 3D work, wood and some scratch brushes. A Photo colour adjustment layer and a zoom blur filter.
8. HOAR FROST - Came out one morning to go to work to find a decent hoar frost. Taken with my 450D (34mm focal length, f/4.4, 18-55mm EF-S kit lens) it has had a bit of playing with, image overlay (luminosity layer mode... I think, it was one of those moments where I just let my mind wander).
9. FASHION mannequin STORE - Taken on the same day as the cloth shots.
10. FASHION mannequin STORE - A crop, colour filter adjustment layer and a bit of blending produced an image that scales up rather good and actually works well as it gets fuzzy (the original image is A5 I've got it printed out and framed at A3).
11. BARE CHRISTMAS TREE - Left over Christmas decorations in the Graphics department student area. Taken on the same day as the previous image with my Motorola G4.
12. BARE CHRISTMAS TREE - A whole host of filters are used to get the result and honestly? I can't remember them all. Curves adjustment layer plus On1 Photo 10 (Fix Focus and Light Leak filters) have been used.
13. COTTON ANGEL - Came into the office one morning and this had appeared on the floor next to my chair (well seat really, a rubber one I had to nick from a classroom). Presumably it had been left there by either being dragged in on the bottom of a textiles/costume/fashion student shoe or left behind by the cleaners vacuum cleaner.
14. COTTON ANGEL - The original photo (mobile phone again) was... shall we say... a tad lacklustre. Curves and colour Photo adjustment layers plus a photo negative frame.
15. MOSS ON MY GRANDFATHER GARAGE ROOF - Taken with my 450D and a EF70-300mm Telephoto lens, 300mm focal length, f/5.6.
I discounted the image initially and it sat on my hard drive for the better part of two years.
16. 70'S MOSS - Inspired by my love of late 70's/early 80's british sci-fi and the kinds of colour palettes that they used I thought I'd try my hand at replicating something similar.
17. PRE-WEDDING DINNER - Taken with my then brand spanking new Fuji S9600.
The night before my sisters wedding a pre-wedding dinner. Alas in this photo we had an unexpected guest put in an appearance.
18. PRE-WEDDING DINNER - A fair old dollop of Photoshop work later, combining the Clone Stamp tool and a bit of copy and pasting got rid of him.